Ten reasons why I am excited to be going to LA!! (In no particular order)
My friend and I bought our plane tickets a few days ago for our trip to LA. As you can imagine I am pretty excited and pumped about my little vaca in the fabulous Cali. And here are some reasons why!
10. I get to fly on a plane!! It has been ten (!) years since I have been in the air. I have stepped foot into many airports since then, but never gotten the chance to fly. I am probably most excited about this.
9. The BEACH!!!!!! Wow, it just hit me that I will be digging my toes in the sand and feeling the salty waves on my body. Yes please. A thousand times.
8. It’s California! I haven’t been in six years, so it will be great to go back.
7. A new city to explore! I have never set foot in LA, but I have seen it in the movies and have heard a lot about it. Always love adding another city to my list. We shall see where this one falls. Right now D.C. is #1 right next to San Fran and Seattle.
6. I just may spot some famous people. A co-worker’s sister went to LA for a vacation and she was hanging out at this club/bar and got hit on by a very drunk Jude Law. That is kind of awesome, not gonna lie.
5. This may be a potential place to settle down in the future…you never know where life may take me. I just want to get a feel for the place.
4. Vacation! I need a break from my life. Everyone does and what better way to escape than to spend a week in California?!
3. Meeting new people! My friend is going with a little more of a purpose than me. He is a cellist and he has set up cello lessons with a very prominent and prestigious cello player. He also knows a bunch of people out there, so it will just be fun to meet some locals. And it’s always good to make connections in various parts of the world.
2. Highway 1: I’ve driven on this before (well ridden cause I was in the back seat of a very large van with my family), but it’s my friends dream to drive on the #1 highway. Hopefully we will get a chance to do this.
1. To have a good time. This may seem cliché for #1, but honestly, I just want a good time. I don’t really know what to expect, but I figured it’s better to just leave all expectations in Nashville and look ahead to the adventure that awaits me. So I guess the only expectation I have is to enjoy myself. A trip like this has the potential of being a little unpredictable, you never know what is gonna happen. So I’ll just make the best of it.
I leave the 28th of July and so I probably won’t blog for that whole week, but I will make sure to post about my travels when I come back! I still have a few weeks to prepare and pack. I plan do to a little shopping and I have asked my sister to come along, I think this trip is a good excuse for some new summer clothes.
Hope everyone is having a good Friday! I will try to be more diligent about posting. Sorry I have slacked a bit. Enjoy your weekend.